2022 Plan to Protect® Orientation: International Workers (Long-Term) - EFCA
This initial Plan to Protect® International Workers Orientation Training (0-18 and Vulnerable Adults) is designed for those who work internationally with children, youth, and vulnerable adults on a long term basis. This training meets insurance requirements and is part of striving for the HIGHEST STANDARD of protection.
- Overview for International Workers & Missions (Long-Term)
- This module will address best practices for international workers on a long term basis. We will take a look at reporting guidelines, cultural issues and tips for parents with children in international schools. (Approx. 25 min.)
- Abuse Awareness
- In this module we will address what abuse is and how prevalent it is. We will discuss the definitions and indicators of abuse and global statistics. (Approximate Time: 35 minutes)
- Abuse Prevention
- In this module we will address our responsibility to prevent abuse and how we are vulnerable to abuse. An overview of insurance standards, recruitment and screening requirements and duty of care will also be provided. (Approximate Time: 20 minutes)
- Reporting & Response
- In this module we will address reporting and responding to child abuse and vulnerable adult abuse. When we truly understand that we have a duty to report and respond to abuse, we will be able to protect the individuals we work with. (Approximate Time: 25 minutes)
- Health & Safety
- In this module we will address health and safety guidelines including first aid, allergies, illnesses, medication, blood pathogens, and emergencies. (Approximate Time: 15 minutes)
- Disabilities Initiatives
- This module will provide an overview of some of the different types of disabilities you may encounter and general tips for abuse prevention and protection. (Approximate Time: 25 minutes)
- Best Practices
- In this module we will address best practices for organizations working with the vulnerable sector. These best practices include supervision, staffing, ratios, registration, attendance, and transportation. (Approximate Time: 20 minutes)
- Child Protection Procedures - Part 1
- In this module we will discuss child protection procedures which include affection, receiving and releasing children, and restroom guidelines. (Approximate Time: 15 minutes)
- Child Protection Procedures - Part 2
- In this module we will discuss additional child protection procedures such as identification, discipline, classroom management, off site events, and overnight activities. (Approximate Time: 15 minutes)
- Youth Protection Procedures - Part 1
- In this module we will address protection procedures and best practices for youth programming. Youth specific issues such as life style, relationship, dating, physical contact, and restroom guidelines will be addressed. This module will also cover high risk activities such as off site trips, overnight events and counselling, which are inherent to youth programming. (Approximate Time: 15 minutes)
- Youth Protection Procedures - Part 2
- In this module we will address youth protection procedures including billeting, hosting, showers, and locker rooms. We will also address youth work issues such as suicide and substance abuse. (Approximate Time: 20 minutes)
- Social Issues and Communication
- In this module we will address social issues such as bullying, cyber bullying, and photography. We will also take a look at policies related to communication, such as communicating with minors, internet safety, and technology use. (Approximate Time: 15 minutes)
- Vulnerable Adult Protection
- In this module we will address best practices for vulnerable adult protection procedures. These best practices include visitation, medication, and personal care. (Approximate Time: 20 minutes)
All Learners have 30 days, upon activation, to complete the on-line training before their registration is disabled and deleted. We highly encourage you to let all learners know that they should not click the link unless they are confident they can complete the training within 30 days.
If a learner has yet to activate their account (i.e. click the link in the activation email), they have up to 6 months to activate and start the course. Upon activation, the 30 day countdown begins. Learners are deleted after 6 months of inactivity.
This training is for individual access and use ONLY. For group training options, organizations must contact email@example.com. Any inappropriate access and use of this training is strictly prohibited and may result in the discontinuation of future services and/or legal action.
The development, preparation and publication of this training has been undertaken with great care. The information contained herein is intended to assist organizations in establishing policy. The content is current as the date of the publication and does not reflect subsequent changes in law. This information is distributed with the understanding that it does not constitute legal advice. Organizations are strongly encouraged to seek legal counsel as well as counsel from their insurance company when establishing a policy.
Produced in 2016, updated 2020 Copyright by Plan to Protect® and Winning Kids Inc.