Plan to Protect® Orientation for Camps
This initial Plan to Protect® Orientation Training for Camps is designed for those who work with children and youth in a camp setting. This training meets insurance requirements and is part of striving for the HIGHEST STANDARD of protection.
This training contains the following modules:
- Abuse Awareness
- In this module we will address what abuse is and how prevalent it is by looking at some global and national camp statistics. (Approximate Time: 30 minutes)
- Protection: Part 1
- In this module we will address how we can protect those who are vulnerable by discussing the categories and indicators of abuse. (Approximate Time: 20 minutes)
- Protection: Part 2 (Reporting & Response)
- In this module we will address reporting and responding to child abuse. When we truly understand that we have a duty to report and respond to abuse, we will be able to protect the individuals we work with. (Approximate Time: 25 minutes)
- Prevention: Part 1
- In this module we will address how we can prevent abuse from happening in the first place and the supervision guidelines that will help you achieve a safe environment. These guidelines include supervision, staffing, ratios, registration, attendance and record keeping procedures. (Approximate Time: 20 minutes)
- Prevention: Part 2 (Plan Ahead and Plan for Safety)
- This module will provide an overview of additional supervision guidelines for overnight accommodations, high risk activities, transportation and what to do in case of an emergency. (Approximate Time: 25 minutes)
- Prevention: Part 3 (Best Practices)
- In this module we will address best practices for camps working with children and youth. These guidelines include health and safety, restrooms, shower rooms, and additional child protection protection procedures surrounding affection and behavior management. We will also address social issues such as bullying, cyber bullying, and photography and take a look at policies related to communication, such as communicating with minors, internet safety, and technology use. (Approximate Time: 20 minutes)
After each module you will be directed to the testing component of the training. This will include a short case study and quiz questions. You will need to complete the quiz with a score of 80% prior to moving onto the next module. Once you have successfully completed the course you will receive a certificate. A certificate will provide proof to your organization that you have successfully completed the course. This will also demonstrate that you understand the importance of vulnerable sector protection and abuse prevention.
All Learners have 30 days, upon activation, to complete the on-line training before their registration is disabled and deleted. We highly encourage you to let all learners know that they should not click the link unless they are confident they can complete the training within 30 days.
If a learner has yet to activate their account (i.e. click the link in the activation email), they have up to 6 months to activate and start the course. Upon activation, the 30 day countdown begins. Learners are deleted after 6 months of inactivity.
This training is for individual access and use ONLY. For group training options, organizations must contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Any inappropriate access and use of this training is strictly prohibited and may result in the discontinuation of future services and/or legal action.
The development, preparation and publication of this training has been undertaken with great care. The information contained herein is intended to assist organizations in establishing policy. The content is current as the date of the publication and does not reflect subsequent changes in law. This information is distributed with the understanding that it does not constitute legal advice. Organizations are strongly encouraged to seek legal counsel as well as counsel from their insurance company when establishing a policy.
Produced in 2019, Copyright by Plan to Protect® and Winning Kids Inc.